Original vintage, Sunoco Motor Oil can. This “Sunlube” Oil can would have been a staple supply in any garage or car workshop in the USA.
The can has a great greased patina, scratches and signs of rust.
In 1886, its partners – Joseph Newton Pew, Philip Pisano, and Edward O. Emerson – decided to expand their gas business. Four years later, the growing enterprise became the Sun Oil Company of Ohio. The Sun Oil company marketed its oils under the Sunoco logo. In 1968, Sun Oil merged with Sunray DX Oil Company. Sun Oil continued marketing its petroleum products under both the Sunoco and DX brands through the 1970s and into the 1980s.
Product Code: 9818/F398