This light was manufactured by Crouse Hinds. Painted green with a large lens.
Crouse-Hinds Electric Company, a manufacturer of high grade electrical specialties, was established in 1897 in Syracuse, New York. They later shortened their name to Crouse-Hinds Company and beginning in the early 1920s specialized in the manufacture of traffic signals, controllers and accessories. Crouse-Hinds began manufacturing airport and stadium lighting in 1927. They also fabricated searchlights for the US Army Corps of Engineers. Their products include:
- Lighting Products – Indoor/outdoor lighting equipment, aviation ground lighting, obstruction lighting and lighting poles.
- Traffic Control Products – Vehicle and pedestrian traffic signals and controls and vehicle detectors.
The company name remained in use as a subsidiary of Cooper Industries, however, the traffic signal production ended in 1981 .
Product Code: 8811/G384